This is one of my favorite breakfasts to cook up on a lazy saturday when I wake up late and don’t get around to making anything until is basically questionably lunch time. The parsnips could be replaced with sweet or regular potatoes, but I like the flavor of parsnips- they have a sweet unique taste kind of like a carrot.
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and shredded
- 10-15 brussels sprouts, sliced (into disc-type shapes)
- 1/4 small onion, diced
- 4-6 crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil for cooking (or whatever oil you want)
- 2 eggs to fry plus oil to fry in (I’ve been loving avocado oil lately)
- Diced Ham (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper
1. Microwave the shredded parsnips for 2-3 minutes or until they soften a bit to speed up the cooking process.
2. While those are in the micro, heat up a pan with the coconut oil and add the onion, sautee.
3. Add the parsnips and sautee until lightly browned, stirring often.
4. Add in the brussels sprouts and mushrooms, and sautee a bit more until it’s all softened.
5. Turn the hash to low while you fry up a couple of eggs and some ham on the side. Mix the ham into the hash if desired.
6. Top the hash with the egg and douse with some good hot sauce.
7. Eat up, buttercup! Preferably while watching some good reality TV and drinking a coffee with almond/coconut milk.