Jeff took the reigns on making shrimp tacos for us for lunch today. I kind of want to demand he makes this at least once a week. This weirdo beardo knows how to make a good taco!
For the shrimp:
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled
- Juice of a california cutie
- Juice of a lime
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon or less? of crushed red pepper
- Dash of coriander and cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Red bell pepper and 1/2 onion sliced thinly
Marinate the shrimp with the juices, oil and spices for about half an hour. Saute the bell pepper and onion in olive oil until soft and browned/charred to your liking. Add the shrimp with a little marinade and saute until just opaque and firm, but don’t overcook.
- 1 1/2 to 2 avocados
- Juice of half a lime
- 2-3 tablespoons finely minced onions
- 1 whole jalapeno seeded and minced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, diced
Mix it up!
Top corn tortillas with the shrimp/pepper/onion mix and top with guacamole. Serve with grilled asparagus (preferably made on a george foreman..because it’s too cold to grill outside).